Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"To Kill a Mockingbird" -Journal Response by Scout

A Journal Response to Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird


Dear Diary,

  The summer has passed by,and I miss Dill a lot. The only thing that is interesting enough to be mentioned during the summer is probably how Dill forced my brother to visit Radley's house. There is nothing else that is worth to be remembered.The summer has gone too fast that I was not ready for school yet.

  I did looking forward to the first year of school, but I was totally not expecting what has happened today. My brother told me school is different than home, and I have understood what he meant.I've been told that I can only write or read after I become a grade three student. Miss Caroline is young and proud of her new way of teaching which is called the Dewey Decimal System or something. I don't think there will be any difference between that and the old way. I still could not understand why Miss Caroline slapped my palm with that ruler. I probably should not be so harsh on her even though I dislike her a lot. However, if Miss Caroline stay long enough in Maycomb, she would understand the environment of this small town of Alabama and the way Maycombian communicate. She would see how things work in this tired old town. I probably will go comfort Miss Caroline at lunch today if she was more friendly to me. Anyways, there's nothing more that makes me want to stay in the school anymore.
  
  I hope everything will become better tomorrow that Miss Caroline won't send me to the corner or slapped my palm again. I would stop writing or reading in her class and try to act like I know nothing about English just in case to make her joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment